FACEBOOK PAGE AND ADS
- Required to make a very complicated, unknown problem digestible
- Needed to make highly technical language accessible to maximize public participation
- Limited public awareness of the starting point and organization
- Only had the opportunity to do one challenge phase, while maximizing breadth of submissions
- Needed to attract solutions from audiences that have little knowledge/awareness of the topic
- Could only share the limited amount of de-classified information
Low public awareness meant social outreach had to start from 0 and build within the timeline of the challenge
- Designed and conducted a single-stage ideation challenge with a blitz round improvement component
- Developed a Challenge website with compelling creative assets for compelling visual and technical communication.
- Used marketing, earned media, and paid media strategies, ensuring national promotion to reach target audience.
- Increased awareness of the Challenge among designers and other non-traditional solvers using engaging media and a kick-off event
- Developed creative outreach materials, such as social media posts, promotional videos, and a live stream
Rigorously tracked and reported Key Performance Indicators for quality submissions.
- Successfully bridged technology and materials start-ups with DoD acquisition vehicles to develop and prototype winning designs
- Secured 79 design submissions
- Earned features in 35 media outlets
- Achieved 4700 Facebook followers and over 5MM impressions