"1,000 Lessons" Brand Awareness Campaign
Out of Home
Out of Home
- Very low brand awareness beyond areas close to campus was yielding low 0.27% conversion rate at uclaextension.edu.
- Needed to compel potential LA students to attend, regardless of commuting distance.
- Needed to change employer perceptions about value of certificates, and communicate benefits of custom programs offering.
- Academic departments had previously marketed themselves independently, but now had to cohere under a unified campaign.
- Most internal Marketing staff at UCLA Extension had time and scheduling constraints.
- Targeted a “curious class” of motivated student prospects, and employers in key verticals needing skilled labor.
- Leveraged true-life stories of instructors, alumni and students positioning UCLA Extension as the place to pursue newfound interests and develop specialized skills—under a world‐class research university, and a stellar faculty.
- Deployed a four-month integrated B2C and B2B campaign, including TV, outdoor and digital, that drove audiences to dedicated website featuring “life lessons” from faculty, alumni and students. Ran free course promotion through Facebook, and provided social media content and content calendar for internal staff to implement. Campaign included Pre- and Post-Awareness Study.
- Placed a Sensis CMO onsite at UCLA Extension to help manage internal marketing resources during campaign development and execution.
- Met goals with awareness increase of 2% (based on Pre- and Post-awareness study) for a total of 142 million impressions.
- Grew consideration by 150,201 clicks, and registered engagement of 80,000 microsite visits and a 40,000 increase in website user traffic.
- Delivered 2,100+ leads.
- Helped UCLA Extension restructure its internal Marketing Department, through personnel hire and revised workflow recommendations, establishing a working “internal ad agency” structure.