“One Big Party” - Event Campaign
- Needed to drive attendance across broad range of age and ethnic groups in Southern California.
- Had to convey event is "bigger than ever" during 125th anniversary year.
- Needed to break through crowded competitive landscape of local attractions targeting limited family budgets.
- Required incorporating legacy B-roll footage in TV executions.
- Had to integrate with client-produced print, collateral and out-of-home creative.
- Needed executions in both English and Spanish.
- Created "One Big Party" theme—with direct transculturation to Spanish ("Una Gran Fiesta")—that connoted a broader event scope, and integrated with client-produced, wide-angle photo-based creative concept.
- Featured dynamic motion graphics to enliven legacy B-roll footage.
- Facilitated cost-effective bilingual versioning into :30 and :15 cut-downs with music-only audio track.
- Developed :10 and :15 traffic radio spots to aid event awareness.
- Implemented multimedia strategy for high reach across LA/OC metro areas through TV, radio, digital, OOH and newspaper.
- Total attendance of 1,301,445 fairgoers.
- Total food sales of $23.1 million (a $579,000 year-to-year increase).
- Total concert ticket sales of 151,619 to Pacific Amphitheater (an 8.5% year-to-year increase).
- Total ridership for OC Fair Express bus service of 78,896 people (a 2.5% year-to-year increase).