Web Properties Redesign
- Needed to reduce client's customer service call center volume.
- Required complete redesign and redevelopment of SDGE.com and MyAccount.SDGE.com (online customer portal and e-services channel).
- Needed iPhone/iPad app to improve the customer bill-pay experience.
- Required rewriting and streamlining 30,000 pages of content.
- Had to meet ambitious nine-month project timeline.
- Implemented hybrid Agile methodology, integrating agency team with internal client-side partners, to optimize all project stages from UX and technical planning to creative, tech development, QA testing, and training.
- Created new SDGE.com with new tools and applications leveraging Drupal CMS, including home energy calculator, custom video player, emergency notification, and assorted third-party app integrations.
- Revamped complete user experience on My Account customer portal.
- Created iPhone/iPad app with functionalities including mobile bill pay, energy bill guide, geo-location of bill-pay centers, and appliance energy consumption calculator.
- Streamlined 30,000-pages of Web content to less than 5,000.
- Drove significant increase in online self-service and email communications with SDG&E customer service (vs. call center communications).
- Increased unique visitors steadily by 2% per month since website launch.
- Increased average visit duration from 1:40 to 2:08 minutes.
- Decreased bounce rate by 8 points.
- Increased mobile site visits by 80% during first year, to 15% of all site visits.