- Needed to advocate for natural gas conversion in a genuine, informative way—absent of confusing terminology—while clearly providing consumers the necessary steps to make it happen.
- Required simplified website navigation and de-cluttering.
- Had to facilitate WGL staff updates, and provide long-term content and structural maintenance guidelines.
- Natural gas not readily available for many homes in the utility’s footprint.
- Provided aspirational content strategy focused on educating and entertaining residential customers on a “natural gas lifestyle,” while also functioning as a resource for business customers and WGL contractors to install gas appliances, and provide related services to business customers.
- Provided updated site structure, responsive design, Drupal CMS implementation with custom functions, and integration with WGL backend systems, in addition to content reorg based on user type (e.g. home owners, businesses and contractors).
- Included key applications integration and functionality like Salesforce, Google Maps, dynamic third-party content, custom ad serving and management, user-friendly secure content management, Google analytics, SEO support/site search, social media tagging and content integration, W3C and accessibility standards compliance, and tablet-/mobile-responsive design.
- Unique website traffic increased by an average of 175% year-on-year (seasonally adjusted), with a significant 300% traffic increase during the first two months, post-launch in late 2014.
- Website won a DC Ad Club - American Advertising Award