Video Case Study
- Needed to differentiate university from local competitors (USC, UCLA, CSUN, CSULB).
- Had to raise institutional profile beyond local and regional level, into national and international sphere.
- Needed to move upstream in prospective student consideration set, beyond "safety school" status.
- Faced a decentralized university communications infrastructure.
- Fielded differing opinions on brand direction among internal and external stakeholders.
- Had to incorporate historical brand elements (Diablo mascot) in new brand design.
- Executed research and analysis plan among stakeholders that created consensus on distinguishing brand characteristics, positioning and messaging.
- Provided a creative brand/logo concept with associated tertiary logos and brand elements that honored institutional past, while pointing to future.
- Delivered separate Brand Identity Style Guide and Athletic Identity Style Guide for extension across complex inter-departmental brand architecture.
- President William Covino, Ph.D. reignited a sense of pride and loyalty among students, faculty, staff and alumni during the fall 2015 convocation launch of the rebrand.
- University implemented a centralized, comprehensive and effective branded communications strategy across all departments.